Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Back!

Hi Everyone!


I know - I fell off the radar! My apologies! In case you've been wondering, things have been a bit exciting for me in the past 7 months! First, I landed an interview with David Tutera - well... not really. I had sent in my resume to them back in January and literally 2 weeks later I was called in for an interview. The thing is - I sent in my resume for an Event Coordinator/ Event Planning position. When I got the call to come in, I jumped at it and assumed it was for that role. It wasn't until I got there that I was told it was for the position of being his Executive Assistant. I was interested in that position as well, especially since there was room for growth - however I think the look of slight shock on my face was confused with my not being "prepared". (I was prepared - just for a different role). In any case, I met with Nora, the Director of Events and continued to tell her about my experience, but in the end it didn't work out so that was that. However, I DID get to meet David eventually (although very briefly - see the photo below). I met him at a bridal show that was held at the Roosevelt Hotel here in NYC. It was VERY glamorous and the room that he designed was TO DIE FOR! (I'll update those photos soon). In any case, he was there taking pictures with whomever wanted one and I was literally the last person that was accepted to take picture with him. It was GREAT! In February I also went to Florida with one of my best friends and guess who we met at the airport coming back home - Tim Gunn from Project Runway! He was on our same exact flight coming back to JFK. He was SOO nice! We each got a picture with him. (See below). My next big adventure was when I was called in for an interview with celebrity wedding planner Michelle Rago. I met with both her and one of her planners, Courtney. The interview I feel could not have gone better! I was able to show them my work, what I was looking for in the future, and why I wanted to be in this crazy business anyway. The unfortunate thing is that they can't take on any more people at the moment, but the lines of communicatrion between us are still open. Over the past few months I have touched base with them, so we'll see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me!


XOXO
Liz Joseph

Me and David Tutera (Celebrity Event Planner, Host of My Fair Wedding on WE)





















Me and Tim Gunn (Advisor on "Project Runway" on Bravo)

No comments:

Post a Comment