Sunday, October 11, 2009

Caitlin's Wedding Pics - Finally!

Hi All,

I know that I really need to get pictures posted quicker! Unfortunately for this wedding I was also a bridesmaid so I couldn't really walk down the aisle with my bouquet and a Canon snapshot at the same time, LOL! Anyway, I was able to get copies of the pictures from a friend who was also in attendance. Just a recap of the many things that were going on that day, I was running around from about 11:00am until midnight. It all started when I was on my way to meet the bride at the hotel where she was getting ready and got a call from her midway there to go straight to the house where the wedding was being held instead. The groom was freaking out and worried that no one knew what needed to be done and he was already running late getting ready. Once I got there he was able to shower, get dressed and leave the worrying up to me. As for setting up the tent, that was all the catering staff. Caitlin told us what she wanted the space to look like and we made sure that it happened. A hour after I arrived at the house, I received a call from Caitlin's mom. What happened? In her effort to make sure that Caitlin had all the things that she needed to get dressed, the mom forgot her own dress at the house! It was not a problem at all since the house and the hotel were only about a 5 minute drive apart. Once there, mom was able to get ready, Caitlin got into her gown, and we all (bridesmaids, mother of the groom, Caitlin's mom, and Caitlin) were able to make our way to the house for the wedding to begin.

The ceremony itself was short and sweet and Caitlin looked AMAZING! Once the ceremony was over I was back in "event planner" mode and working with the catering staff & DJ to make sure everything ran smoothly (finding the missing cocktail plates, coordinating the first dance, toast, and cake cutting, and making sure that the photographer got all the shots that were requested.) As the evening came to an end, I made sure the bus driver received his tip (the wedding was in Little Compton, RI but guests stayed in Providence Providence which is an hour away; so a bus was provided for transportation) and that important items were packed. I was also in charge of making sure the bride and groom were able sample slices from each cake tier,LOL! (They had a coconut w/ lemon curd layer, lemon poppyseed layer, and white cake with chocolate ganache and chocolate moose.) I think the most important thing to come out of all of this is that the groom now understands that weddings don't "just happen" (which is kind of what he thought when Caitlin first introduced him to me), they actually take WORK!

I also want to thank DJ Fame as he drove all the way from NYC to provide music for this party. Thanks Fame!




No comments:

Post a Comment