Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Upcoming 25th Birthday!!

So in 3 weeks I will be 25 years old! For some reason I feel like I should be much more accomplished by now! David Tutera started his business at 19 years old. Here I am at 25 and I'm still struggling to get my business of the ground. I actually can't complain too much because so far this year has been good to me. I mentioned below that I am definitley working on one wedding and may potentially be working on another destination one (we'll know for sure in August).

In the mean time I am also planning my 25th birthday party! My boyfriend of 6.5 years and I are only 4 days apart and so we usually have joint parties. Our 21st birthday was a HIT and everyone still compliments us on it. This year I'm hoping to take it one step ahead. It's an outdoor/ yard party. The space is compeletly cemented so that makes for a nice flat surface. The color scheme is vivid purple and green. I'm thinking votive candles and small floral center pieces on the tables with string lighting along the perimeter of the yard. I want to rent all white chairs to make it continue the vibe of classy yet funky - we'll see if that's in my budget though. The food will be provided by me and some family members along with some catering from my boyfriend's dad's restaurant (hopefully for free...) I'm still figuring out what I want for the cake. I have an idea, but for now I'll keep it to myself. :) .

Until next time!

E. Joseph

1 comment: