Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Incredible 25th Birthday!!!


I'm back!! I can't believe it's September already! In any case, let's get to it. I LOVED my 25th birthday party!! The whole 3 weeks leading up to it I was going to fabric shops looking for tablecloth material (Chinatown/ Canal Street), I was looking up where to get cheap flowers (The Flower District here in NYC), where to get cheap vases without having to buy in bulk (the Dollar Tree), I bought my birthday outfit (Canal Street - thanks for schelpping with me Erika!!), finding shoes to go with my outfit in my size (thanks Nine West for carrying my size!), buying ingredients for all the food I wanted to make, and still working my 9-5. On the day of I was making jello shots (let's just say they were a bit too strong...but they were gone before the end of the night none the less!). Only issue I had was that the tables and chairs were delivered a 3 hours later than anticipated which of course pushed alot of things back. The party started at 9pm; however because we were still setting up the tables I didn't get a chance to leave until 8:30pm! I sped home, showered, did my hair (yes, I did my own weave), then rushed back. I definitely want to give a special thanks to my BFF's Sara and Terry Ann for helping me bake my cupcake favors, setting up the yard, whipping up my Vanilla Bean frosting, and boxing and labeling the cupcakes. I also want to thank DJ FAME for, as always, keeping the music flowing! My delicious and beautifully executed cakes were created by Ariel Segan. They were gorgeous and delicious! And of course, this blog would be useless without pictures...so here they are!

(Sara handling the bar)

(Shots of the table/ chair set ups)

(Only shot that I have of the tables unfortunately. Thanks for taking the pic Simone!)


















No comments:

Post a Comment